News and Announcements
You can find all the latest news and announcements from the River Yealm Harbour Authority below.
Covid 19 (Coronavirus)
River Yealm Harbour Authority
Almost without exception, the communities on the Yealm have observed the guidance in the Authority’s statements of 8th and 12th April. It is greatly appreciated.
The UK Government’s easing of the Covid-19 restrictions means that, with immediate effect, the Authority is able to withdraw the guidance set out in its statements of 8th and 12th April.
This means that the Harbour may be used in the normal way subject to UK Government advice. It is the responsibility of Harbour users to familiarise themselves with UK Government advice and apply it. Yealm Steps and the pontoon are an obvious area in which social distancing is necessary.
For the time being:
– The Harbour Office will be closed to personal callers. Office staff will be available on the phone or by email – 0900-1200, Monday to Friday.
– The public toilets at Yealm Steps will be closed.
– Visiting yachts will not be allowed to overnight unless permitted to do so by the HM for exceptional reasons.
– The feasibility of lifting boats in at Bridgend is being looked into.
– Access restrictions may be imposed, particularly at Yealm Steps, to help social distancing.
Please help to control Covid-19 by behaving responsibly in the Harbour.
Chairman RYHA 13th May 2020
Bridgend Lift in
The postponed lift in will now take place on June 3rd. HW is at 1650 5.24m. Boat owners will be contacted with details of how social distancing will be maintained during the operation. Please ensure there are no cars parked on the quay or its approaches on the 3rd.
Mark Beighton – Harbour Master.