News and Announcements
You can find all the latest news and announcements from the River Yealm Harbour Authority below.
Bridgend Lift Out
The date for this year’s lift out is the 28th October. All of the spaces are now full but we are holding a reserve list. Please contact the Harbour Office for more information. For those owners who have a space more information about social distancing and timings will be distributed by e-mail nearer the date.
The pontoon at Yealm Steps will be closed from early November for maintenance. The date will be notified in various publications and locations, including the web site, in early October. Please ensure your tender is removed by the date.
Great news, from the 4th July you will be able to visit the River Yealm and stay overnight.
In line with Government guidance we will allow visiting boat owners to stay overnight from the night of 4th/5th July. Before then you are welcome to visit on a day basis, but you will be asked to not stay overnight.
From 1500 on the 4th we will be applying our summer tariff.
To comply with Government guidance, we ask that you read the information below which describes how we will operate and what is expected from anyone visiting the harbour in a boat. This will help reduce the potential risk of COVID 19 transmission during your stay.
- To avoid handling cash, wherever possible we request payments are made by contactless card. If you have a good mobile signal it may be possible for you to pay by BACS, SMS or email.
- If requested and available, the Harbour staff will direct you to a mooring to avoid rafting.
- Use of the pontoons implies acceptance of rafting by all boats and social distancing will be observed.
- Vessels who are entering the Yealm from a port outside of the UK are to make this known to the Harbour Staff.
- Observe the Governments social distancing guidance whilst ashore to reduce your potential contact with others by avoiding or reducing your use of the pontoon, office, toilet, and showers.
- If you need to use the shore facilities follow the signed instructions regarding the use of the walkways.
- If the toilet or shower are occupied, stand aside to allow social distancing until they become available.
- Although the Harbour has increased the frequency of cleaning the facilities, total cleanliness of the facilities cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, we request users of the toilets and showers to wipe down surfaces before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Please wash your hands regularly, especially after contact with other boats, surfaces, or mooring lines
- If a member of your crew shows symptoms of COVID 19 you should isolate the crew and boat by moving to a mooring, if not already there and contact the NHS helpline (111), Government Testing service or emergency services and the Harbour Master
- You may be asked to provide contact details for the Government’s Test and Trace scheme
- The RNLI Lifejacket lockers have also been closed and are no longer available.
- Anyone persistently breaking the Government guidance will be asked to leave.
If you ask for a Harbour Guide (2019) it will be given to you in a plastic bag along with a copy of this information and July tide tables. The contents have been quarantined for at least 72 hours. The plastic bag must be disinfected before handling without appropriate PPE. We hope to have the 2020 Harbour Guide soon.
Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation and hope you will enjoy your stay.
River Yealm Harbour Authority